Enterprise Account Executive (San Francisco/Bay Area)
Enterprise Account Executive
Location: San Francisco/Bay Area
We are the company behind Kong, the most widely adopted open-source API gateway. We have a world-class Enterprise platform and our mission is to facilitate a new revolution in software production by serving as the backbone of the distribution and consumption of data and services through APIs.
Our vision is to enable developers to build more and manage less. We've built one of the most popular pieces of open-source software in the world and in the process grown an extremely engaged and active community. We're looking for a few great people who want to be part of a fun, highly-collaborative team.
Our ideal teammate will thrive in our environment of really smart, driven people, who get to work with many new, leading-edge technologies that solve really big customer challenges. We're looking for people who want to make a huge impact and have real ownership for the work they do. This opportunity is ideal for someone who wants to be in on the ground floor of our fully-funded and very special startup.
Enterprise Account Executive Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced sales professional ideally with Open Source experience who will be selling into global enterprise accounts. The ideal candidate has been a part of the sales efforts for other early-stage enterprise products in an entrepreneurial setting. The Account Executive will be integral in our growth plan and in acquiring new customers.
Mashape’s Account Executive will be the primary point of contact and the face of Mashape for our prospects.
Successful candidates will:
- Sell Kong Enterprise Platform to Enterprise customers
- Take ownership of your book of business
- Understand the buying criteria
- Document the buying process
- Determine the next steps and patterns
- Ensure pipeline accuracy based on evidence and update appropriate systems
- Provide account leadership and direction in the pre- and post-sales process
- Contribute to post-mortem analysis on wins/losses
- Communicate lessons learned to the team
- Meet individual quotas
- A true desire to see customers benefit from the investment they make with Mashape
- 5+ years of experience in selling enterprise software; experience with open source, APIs, and/or infrastructure software a big plus
- Ability to leverage established relationships and proven sales techniques for success
- Effective communicator, strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated, driven and results oriented
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and closing skills
- Experience with fast growing startups is a plus
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Discretionary time-off and a flexible working environment
- The right tools to do your work, and really cool technology in our day to day work
- We feed our team well, including Italian Food cooked by the founders, free lunch a couple of times a week
- We are your second family -- whatever the joys and challenges outside of the work, we’ll be there
- As an early employee you will get a true stake in the company