Dev Ops Engineer
We're looking for a few great people who want to be part of a fun, highly-collaborative team that has created the fastest growing, and most popular next generation platform for API & Microservices management. Our ideal teammate will thrive in our environment of really smart, driven people, who get to work with many new, leading-edge technologies that solve really big customer challenges. We're looking for people who want to make a huge impact and have real ownership for the work they do. This opportunity is ideal for someone who wants to be in on the ground floor of a special startup company.
As a Dev Ops Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining workflows that automate releasing, testing and deploying Kong and the Kong Enterprise package to our community and our enterprise customers. You will build automations that help the engineering team use staging and production environments for both on-premise and SaaS distributions of our products. You will build workflows for delivering our software to a variety of platforms including AWS, Docker and container technologies like Docker Swarm, Mesosphere and Kubernetes; and assist in packaging, monitoring and scaling our products.
- Knowledge of continuous integration systems (like Jenkins) and devops workflows.
- Strong knowledge of networking principles and protocols (ie TCP/UDP/HTTP)
- Understanding and experience with AWS, container technologies (Docker) and container platforms like Docker Swarm, Mesosphere and/or Kubernetes.
- Experience with Load Balancers (AWS ELB, Nginx) and HTTP caching layers.
- Ability to create scripts in a programming language of choice (ie Python, Ruby, GoLang, Bash), and good knowledge of the UNIX shell and file system.
- Expert in building automated deployment and scalable systems
- Passionate about designing infrastructures and understanding network and platform environments.
- San Francisco only or willing to relocate
- As an early employee you will get a true stake in the company
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Vacation days, time off and a flexible working environment
- The right tools to do your work, and really cool technology in our day to day work
- We feed our team well, including Italian Food cooked by the founders, free lunch a couple of times a week, happy hours
- We have fun! Poker nights, company dinners, happy hours and more!
- We are your second family -- whatever the joys and challenges outside of the work, we’ll be there
- And much, much more…