Demand Generation Manager
We are the company behind Kong, the most widely adopted open-source API gateway. We have a world-class Enterprise platform and our mission is to facilitate a new revolution in software production by serving as the backbone of the distribution and consumption of data and services through APIs.
Our vision is to enable developers to build more and manage less. We've built one of the most popular pieces of open-source software in the world and in the process grown an extremely engaged and active community. We're looking for a few great people who want to be part of a fun, highly-collaborative team.
Our ideal candidate is someone who will thrive in our environment of really smart, driven people, who get to work with many new, leading-edge technologies that solve large customer challenges. We're looking for people who want to make a huge impact and have real ownership for the work they do. This opportunity is ideal for someone who wants to be in on the ground floor of our fully-funded and very special startup.
About the role:
We’re seeking an ambitious, creative, tech-savvy marketer to drive demand generation and grow usage. This is an opportunity for the right person to have an outsized impact at a high-visibility company. The best candidate understands both earned and acquired acquisition and knows that the right experiment can lead to multiplicative growth in adoption. Your work will be noticed, and the impact will be felt by the company and a massive user community and ecosystem.
You get stuff done and are equally comfortable diving into data and analytics, managing a marketing stack, launching major campaigns, driving initiatives across teams, and executing digital hacks to boost discovery, engagement, or conversion. You have a tested framework and a set of plays, but you’re not afraid to try new things and can shift gears quickly with renewed energy to tackle any challenge. You know how to speak to a discerning audience as well as stand out in a crowd.
- Develop and execute programs that drive the right new audiences to Mashape channels
- Manage the full funnel from acquisition to conversion and all steps in-between
- Drive campaigns that leverage free, paid, and partner channels to not only capture new users, but also nurture existing audiences
- Lead projects to boost conversion to the enterprise product
- Identify and manage key performance metrics to establish customer-focused and results-oriented strategies
- Establish and implement qualification and segmentation criteria to deliver MQLs and sales opportunities
- Prioritize constant improvement by testing data-driven hypotheses across all channels: web, email, ads, content, social, community, product, etc.
- 3+ years of demand generation experience
- Mastery of core digital marketing capabilities: SEO, SEM, PPC, automation, social
- Experience with the marketing/sales tech stack: Marketo/HubSpot/Pardot, Salesforce, Outreach/Yesware/ToutApp, Hootsuite/Buffer, etc.
- Experience with at least two marketing and product analytics tools: Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Kissmetrics, Heap, Amplitude, AppAnnie, etc.
- Very user-centric and tech-savvy: able to identify key objectives and bring in tools that will deliver desired outcomes (not adopt tools for their own sake)
- Strong hacker mentality and supporting skills: HTML, programming experience
- Great grasp of numbers with love for data and analytics—data junkies welcome
- Ambitious, hard working, execution-oriented, eager to get results and succeed
- Excellent communication, teamwork, time management, and organization skills
- San Francisco only or willing to relocate
- Start up experience
- BI and data management
- Familiarity with open source and cloud application architectures
- Account-based marketing and sales
- Stock options
- Your choice of computer and other equipment
- Unlimited vacation days
- Lunch 2 times per week
- Snacks and beverages to keep you going through the day
- Game nights
- Italian food cooked by the founders
- Awesome medical, dental, vision plans
- 401k plan
- Fun happy hours and company outings
- A second family – whatever problem outside of work; we'll be there!